>> About the Council
History of the Community Council
The boundary of the Community extends from the top of the Horseshoe Pass in the North to Pentrefelin in the South. In the East it includes a small part of Sun Bank, Trevor and extends to Rhewl in the West. It includes Pentredwr, Eglwyseg, Llandynan, Llidiart Annie, Pentrefelin and Abbey Dingle.
Civil Parish Councils
parish councils were established by the Local Government Act of 1894. The
council records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence,
copies of planning applications and rate lists. Community councils
replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974.
Llantysilio Community Council Boundary (above, highlighted in black)
Llantysilio ‘Parish’ Council, (or Llandyssilio-yn-Iâl), was established by this Act in 1894 and as such is one of the oldest community councils in Denbighshire. The Council’s records, which go back to 1880, are stored in the Archives at the Denbighshire Records Office which is located at Ruthin Gaol. Until more recent years (1950/60), these records would have been in Welsh which was, of course, the language spoken at all Llantysilio Council Meetings.
The Council itself has nine members who meet on a monthly basis with an agenda much resembling that of town councils. Although the majority of issues discussed differ somewhat to those of a town the framework is basically the same.