The boundary of the Community extends from the top of Horseshoe Pass in the North to Pentrefelin in the South. In the East it includes a small part of the Sun Bank, Trevor and extends to Rhewl in the West. It includes Pentredwr, Eglwyseg, Llandynan, Llidiart Annie, Pentrefelin and Abbey Dingle.
Civil Parish Councils
Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act of 1894. The council records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974.